Associate Underwriter NEE
In search of your next career challenge? Looking to work in a world class organization? Consider an opportunity as an Associate Underwriter with Nautilus Insurance Group, in our Johns Creek, GA location.
Nautilus Insurance Group is an "A+ X" (Superior) rated member of the W.R. Berkley Corp., a Fortune 500 company. We specialize in providing excess and surplus lines commercial property and casualty insurance coverage.
The Associate Underwriter will:
- Assess new and renewal accounts to determine acceptability based on established guidelines.
- Review new and renewal accounts to verify issuance is in compliance with guidelines, address discrepancies and enter information into appropriate systems.
- Establish types and limits of coverage to be provided.
- Create, analyze and interpret data from various systems and underwriting resources.
- Be responsible for monitoring production, profitability, and maintaining agency relationships.
- Collaborate with underwriting team as well as other departments.
- Promote consistency amongst underwriting teams.
- Maintain familiarity with state laws and filing requirements within assigned territory
- Identify and recommend changes to policy verbiage when standard text is not appropriate.
- Monitor the amount of insurance in force on a single risk or group of closely related risks.
- Assist with the development of special programs, underwriting procedures, and educational seminars as needed.
- Compose reports and business correspondence such as travel summaries, agendas, and meeting minutes.
- Coordinate internal and/or external visits (i.e. scheduling meetings, confirming staff availability, and arranging meals/entertainment).
- Process applicable state forms.
- Maintain familiarity with rule and rate filings.
- Utilize underwriting tools to determine classifications and calculate rates and premium charges.
- Review state laws and filing requirements within assigned territory to properly transact business within a state.
- Calculate rates and premium charges by using approved rating methods in accordance with current state filings.
- Assess issued policies to assure the proper policy forms have been attached in accordance with current state filings.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A minimum of two (2) years experience as a Senior Assistant Underwriter.
- A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- An Excess and Surplus lines background (preferred).
- Experience in handling admitted business (beneficial).
- AIS, ASLI, and AU designations or other insurance related classes (helpful).
- A basic knowledge of computer programs in a Windows environment.
Nautilus believes their employees are their greatest asset and have made significant contributions to consistent underwriting results. We foster an environment of accountability, teamwork and integrity. Our motivated employees have built an impeccable reputation for our firm serving the Excess and Surplus Lines industry. Nautilus Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical insurance, dental, life/AD&D, both short- and long-term disability insurance and a great 401(k)/Profit Sharing plan.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes along with salary requirements, directly to nautilusHR@nautilus-ins.com
Nautilus is an Equal Opportunity Employer