Nautilus Insurance Group is an "A+ X" (Superior) rated member of the W.R. Berkley Corp., a Fortune 500 company. We specialize in providing excess and surplus lines commercial property and casualty insurance coverage.
We currently have an employment opportunity available for an Underwriter. The Underwriter’s primary job function will be to provide support to the underwriting process, reviewing insurance applications and processing accounts.
The successful Underwriter will:
· Assess accounts to determine acceptability and review to verify issuance is in compliance; address discrepancies.
· Establish types and limits of coverage to be provided.
· Create, analyze and interpret data.
· Monitor production, profitability, and maintain agency relationships.
· Collaborate with team and other departments, contributing knowledge and soliciting feedback relative to underwriting philosophy and company goals
· Consult with agency staff as necessary.
· Maintain familiarity with state laws and filing requirements.
· Consult with underwriting team to determine if reinsurance is needed, and negotiates terms with designated reinsurer companies.
· Identify and recommend changes to policy verbiage when standard text is not appropriate.
· Monitor amount of insurance in force on a single risk or group of closely related risks; evaluate possibility of catastrophe losses and take action, as appropriate.
· Occasionally assist with the development of special programs, underwriting procedures, and educational seminars.
· Compose reports and business correspondence such as travel summaries, agendas, and meeting minutes.
· Coordinate client visits, including but not limited to scheduling meetings, confirming staff availability, and arranging meals/entertainment.
· Provide guidance and support to less experienced team members within the department.
· A minimum of one to three (1-3) years of experience as a commercial lines Underwriter.
· Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
· Excess and Surplus lines background.
· AIS, ASLI, and AU designations or insurance related classes.
· Proven ability to learn and utilize underwriting applications to determine classifications and calculate rates and premium charges.
Nautilus believes their employees are their greatest asset. We foster an environment of accountability, teamwork and integrity. Our motivated employees have built an impeccable reputation for our firm serving the Excess and Surplus Lines industry. Nautilus Insurance offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental, life/AD&D, both short- and long-term disability insurance and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing plan. Nautilus promotes a healthy lifestyle for our employees by providing an onsite fitness facility and a variety of wellness programs.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes along with salary requirements, directly to nautilusHR@nautilus-ins.com
Nautilus is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).