Nautilus Insurance Group is an "A+ X" (Superior) rated member of the W.R. Berkley Corp., a Fortune 500 company. We specialize in providing excess and surplus lines commercial property and casualty insurance coverage.
We currently have an employment opportunity available for an Application Developer. The Application Developer’s primary responsibility will be to collaborate with our business users to identify, design and develop applications that respond to business needs and provide information for our users to effectively run their business. The Application Developer will also work closely with our database team to ensure data is available and accessible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consult with business users to ensure proper requirements are defined, and details are identified for application needs and recommend solutions.
- Recommend new initiatives, timelines, deliverables and resources required to address new business solutions.
- Develop and test applications using current platform based on defined requirements.
- Mentor junior level developers, assisting them in development efforts.
- Work closely with the database team to ensure data is available in required format; ensuring performance and validity of data is top priority.
- Implement new applications and ensure production accurately reflects the proper versions, while ensuring test and QA environments are properly utilized by the team
- Proactively ensure current applications correctly report accurate data. In the event of discrepancy work closely with the business and our database team to ensure accurate data is displayed.
- Follow standards for the application team and ensure proper documentation is created for all changes to ensure ease of ongoing maintenance; recommend new standards as necessary
- Provide training and support for our users.
- Work closely with the Systems Support team to ensure that all applications/systems have met the required hardware & system specifications.
- Remain current on tools and technology to offer new solutions to our business
- Logs and follows up on issues with our application vendors to ensure acceptable resolutions.
- BS or AA Degree in Computer Information Systems
- Three – five years applicable experience
- Three – five years C# .NET Development & Deployment along with SQL development experience with stored procedures & T-SQL
- Proven ability to transform business requirements into applications, web services or system processes to provide business solutions
Nautilus believes their employees are their greatest asset. We foster an environment of accountability, teamwork and integrity. Our motivated employees have built an impeccable reputation for our firm serving the Excess and Surplus Lines industry. Nautilus Insurance offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental, life/AD&D, both short- and long-term disability insurance and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing plan. Nautilus promotes a healthy lifestyle for our employees by providing an onsite fitness facility and a variety of wellness programs.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes along with salary requirements, directly to nautilusHR@nautilus-ins.com
Nautilus is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).