Are you interested in numbers and statistics? Do patterns and metrics appeal to you? Are you currently in an actuarial or data analysis position and looking for a change? Why not consider an opportunity as a Data Analyst with Nautilus Insurance Group located in Scottsdale, AZ? This an excellent position for a motivated and driven data analyst.
The Data Analyst works within the actuarial and data analysis department. This position is responsible for the delivery of company reports, including maintenance and training on the reporting tools. In addition, the Data Analyst is responsible for the manipulation and aggregation of data for use in actuarial and other analysis, including identifying and prioritizing data to support various business decisions. An understanding and interpretation of various metrics, including communication with both technical and non-technical personnel is required.
- Design, maintain, and deliver reports and metrics, working with the business to determine needs.
- Collaborate with IT department on projects including implementation of new source systems and changes needed to current systems.
- Work with the database team on specifications, design and data quality in the data warehouse.
- Provide data support for actuarial analysis, such as rate indications, predictive modeling and ad hoc analysis.
- Recommend new metrics and analysis that might be beneficial to understanding business performance.
- Provide direction and training to less experienced Data Analysts.
- Work with the IT team for maintenance of systems as well as providing data to corporate as requested.
- Integrate and leverage business requirements into global processes and data models.
- Develop and conduct training for technical and nontechnical users on data reporting delivery and interpretation of reports and metrics.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in math, finance, statistics or related field is preferred.
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Experience with multidimensional databases such as ESSBASE
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and maintain acceptable production as well as organize and prioritize tasks in connection with department goals.
- Team oriented, preferring to work in a cooperative and collaborative environment.
- Has a demonstrated ability to lead projects and motivate others.
- Possesses intermediate statistical knowledge.
- Advanced EXCEL skills
Nautilus Insurance Group is an "A+ XV" (Superior) rated member of the W.R. Berkley Corp., a Fortune 500 company. We specialize in providing excess and surplus lines commercial property and casualty insurance coverage.
Nautilus believes their employees are their greatest asset and have made significant contributions to consistent underwriting results. We foster an environment of accountability, teamwork and integrity. Our motivated employees have built an impeccable reputation for our firm serving the Excess and Surplus Lines industry. Nautilus Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical insurance, dental, life/AD&D, both short- and long-term disability insurance and a great 401(k)/Profit Sharing plan. Nautilus promotes a healthy lifestyle for our employees by providing an onsite fitness facility and a variety of wellness programs.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes along with salary requirements, directly to nautilusHR@nautilus-ins.com
Nautilus is an Equal Opportunity Employer