Looking for a career in a world class organization? Consider an opportunity with Nautilus Insurance Group. Nautilus Insurance Group is a member of W.R. Berkley Corp., a Fortune 500 company. We specialize in providing excess and surplus lines commercial property and casualty insurance coverage.
We currently have an opening in our Claims Department for a Litigation Specialist. The Litigation Specialist ensures efficient and effective handling advanced level, primarily litigated, commercial first-property and/or third party general liability losses.
The successful Litigation Specialist candidate will:
- Review and set up new loss assignments in compliance with guidelines and best practices.
- Establish appropriate initial loss and expense reserves and regularly evaluate the file for adequacy, accuracy and adherence to reserving guidelines.
- Analyze and interpret policy language in conjunction with specific loss facts to reach appropriate coverage decisions.
- Draft frequent and complex coverage correspondence, including reservation of rights and coverage disclaimers in compliance with state statutes and regulations.
- Compose a variety of correspondence to insureds, claimants, attorneys, agents and regulatory agencies.
- Manage primarily litigated claim files, including identification and investigation of coverage, liability and damage issues, determination and efficient execution of an appropriate plan of action and prompt, economical file resolution.
- Clearly document all claim file activity, including current strategy, plan of action and exit plan.
- Consistently demonstrate comprehensive coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation and negotiation skills at an advance level.
- Direct and control the activities and costs of outside vendors including defense counsel and coverage counsel, experts and independent adjusters.
- Present and discuss loss facts and issues in roundtable discussion to peers and all levels of management.
- Compose and transmit frequent Large Loss Reports and other reporting documents as appropriate.
- Manage and monitor file caseload effectively.
- Obtain all required state adjuster licenses and maintain them as required via compliance with mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Serve as a technical resource through mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- Provide job function overview and/or specific subject-matter training as needed.
- Occasionally participate in projects and initiatives including audits, workshops, focus groups, task forces, etc.
- Attend seminars and training events as appropriate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The position of Litigation Specialist requires:
- A minimum of a high school diploma.
- At least 15 years previous insurance experience.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of programs in a Windows environment – specifically Word and Excel.
- CPCU, AIC, AEI or completion of other insurance-related classes is preferred. Certificates as required by states.
Nautilus believes our employees are our greatest asset. We foster an environment of accountability, teamwork and integrity. Our motivated employees have built an impeccable reputation for our firm serving the Excess and Surplus Lines industry. Nautilus Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical insurance, dental, life/AD&D, both short- and long-term disability insurance and a great 401(k)/Profit Sharing plan. Nautilus promotes a healthy lifestyle for our employees by providing an onsite fitness facility and a variety of wellness programs.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes along with salary requirements, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nautilus is an Equal Opportunity Employer