Nautilus Insurance Group, LLC is a member of the W.R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 Company. Our employees are our greatest asset. Located in the Scottsdale Airpark near the 101 and Scottsdale Road, we offer a dynamic, professional work environment.
We currently have an opportunity available for an Actuarial Analyst II. The Actuarial Analyst II plays a key role working closely with the Assistant VP – Actuarial, the Underwriting team and Accounting to complete the rate indications and reserve analysis.
Key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing support for the quarterly reserve analysis. This includes, but is not limited to, trend analysis, data gathering, updating exhibits, reconciliation, and assisting AVP in analysis.
- Determining state rate level indications; leading rate reviews; working with the underwriting department to ensure adequate level of rates.
- Responding to requests for data and reports. Downloading, manipulating and compiling data into a useful format, including programming in spreadsheet or database manipulation software.
- Completing rate filings as needed.
- Assisting in monitoring of price levels.
- Developing, maintaining, and enhancing methods for reporting of metrics.
- Providing guidance and support to clerical and junior staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Have preferably completed a minimum of two Casualty Actuarial Society examinations.
- Ideally have 2-3 years related work experience.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in mathematics, finance, or economics.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of ratemaking and reserving principles and practices.
- Possess technical skills to compile, review, understand, and present data in a concise manner, including SQL/SAS skills
We foster an environment of accountability, teamwork and integrity. Our motivated employees have built an impeccable reputation for our firm serving the Excess and Surplus Lines industry. Nautilus Insurance offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental, life/AD&D, both short- and long-term disability insurance and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing plan. Nautilus promotes a healthy lifestyle for our employees by providing an onsite fitness facility and a variety of wellness programs.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes along with salary requirements, directly to nautilusHR@nautilus-ins.com
Nautilus is an Equal Opportunity Employer